Today we had a snow day. Oh yes, you either love them or hate them. My morning started with breakfast requests. Everyone in my house wanted something different. It’s a pretty common occurrence but this morning I was grumpy and tired. So I put my foot down and proclaimed everyone was having eggs! Well, that kind of backfired on me, because one wanted eggs with sausage and peppers, the other wanted mushrooms and tomatoes. Lucky for me, I have been really good at doing food prep on Sundays, so I already had diced onion and peppers in my fridge. I chopped up the other ingredients and went to work.
I didn’t want to waste anything so I decided to make myself an Everything but the Kitchen Sink scramble. This is something I started doing during my Whole30 in January. On the final day of my planned week, I’d pull out the remaining prepped ingredients, and toss it all in a pan. This could have been sausage, bacon, peppers, onion, carrots, celery, you name it. And then turned it into a scramble for breakfast. It’s a great way to use up your remaining ingredients and still enjoy a delicious, flavor filled breakfast.
Try anything you want! This morning I had, bacon, peppers, onion, garlic, tomato, and mushroom. So good!
3-4 slices of bacon, crispy and crumbled
1/2 onion, diced
3-4 cherry tomatoes, diced
1/4 green bell pepper, diced
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 red bell pepper, diced
3-4 mushrooms, diced
sea salt, to taste
fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat, add a small amount of coconut oil.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Saute until tender.
- Add the garlic and tomato, saute another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the eggs to a small bowl, whisk until frothy.
- Add the eggs to the skillet with the vegetables.
- Using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula, stir the eggs until cooked to desired doneness.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.