No Bun Balsamic Sliders
MMMM, Sliders. This recipe was kind of an experiment. I wanted to make sliders for my family to eat on a football game night. But I didn’t want a plain ole burger. I wanted more flavor. We love balsamic so I thought I’d give this a shot. I was worried the balsamic may cause the sliders to caramelize too much that that didn’t happen at all. The final product is a deliciously flavored slider that is virtually carb free and so juicy.
I served these sliders with our sweet potato fries. So yummy! Here is the recipe. They would also be good with our sweet potato chips! Here is that recipe.
Local Ingredient: Garlic from my local food box.
Mix the Ground Beef, Garlic, Shallot, Balsmic Vinegar and Salt and Pepper.
Cook in a Grill Pan or Skillet
Lettuce instead of a Bun!
1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef (90/10 if possible)
8 Iceberg lettuce leaves
1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
1 medium Shallot, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/8 teaspoon Fresh Ground Black Pepper
4 Slices Buffalo Mozzarella, cut in half (optional)
2 medium tomatoes, cut into slices (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ground beef, balsamic vinegar, shallot, garlic, salt and pepper using your hands until well blended.
- Form the beef into 8 evenly sized slider patties
- Preheat a grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil to coat.
- Add the sliders to the hot grill pan and allow them to sear for about 1 minute. Then turn the heat down to medium.
- Flip the sliders after about 3-4 minutes. Cook on the other side until the sliders are cook through to desired doneness. (I cooked mind to medium (hot and pink inside) and they cooked a total of 10 minutes)
- Remove the sliders from the grill pan and allow them to rest on a plate before serving. About 5 minutes.
- Arrange iceberg lettuce on a plate and position the slider on it as if it was a bun. Top the slider with the cheese and tomato, if using.
- Place a second iceberg lettuce leaf on top of the garnished slider.
2014 (c) My Clean Kitchen