January is football month in this house. We adore all things football. I am an alumna of Florida State University. Yes, the same ones that are the NATIONAL CHAMPIONS. I was just a little excited on Monday. So, watching all these bowl games got me thinking about what I would serve at this year’s Super Bowl shindig, now that we are eating clean. I came up with a couple of recipes and tried them out this week. I started with this Spicy Sweet Potato Chip. They were a pleasant surprise. I’ve made traditional potato chips before, using this same method so I had a feeling it would work, technically. But I had no idea they would be so tasty! Enjoy!
3-4 large unpeeled Sweet Potatoes, sliced evenly.
1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper or to taste
- Be sure your sweet potatoes are sliced evenly. I used the slicing blade on my food processor but a mandolin would also work. If you trust your knife skills, that works too.
- Preheat the oven to 400 and line 2 large sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Add sliced sweet potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle the olive oil. Toss to combine ensuring each potato is lightly coated. I had to take some out to spread the oil.
- Place sweet potatoes in an even layer on the parchment lined sheets. Sprinkle 1/2 the salt and 1/2 the cayenne pepper over the potatoes on each pan.
- Put them in the oven for about 8-10 minutes, watching to make sure any thinner ones don't burn. Then flip them over.
- After they've been flipped, let them cook another 8-10 minutes until they are firm and almost crispy.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes before removed them to cool on a towl lined plate or cooking wrack.
- Serve warm or allow to fully cool.
- Store in an airtight container.
[…] I served these sliders with our sweet potato fries. So yummy! Here is the recipe. They would also be good with our sweet potato chips! Here is that recipe. […]
[…] Click here for the full recipe. […]
[…] a lot lately. You’ll see the sweet potato fries in the blog of course, but also the sweet potato chips. And, yesterday I started to experiment with butternut squash. I made fries with it. They were […]