Sweet Honey Chicken
This Sweet Honey Chicken is part of the My Clean Kitchen – 7 Day Eat Clean Challenge. Click here to learn more.
Breakfast: Whole Wheat Banana Pancakes
Lunch: Cheese and Black Bean Quesadillas
Snack: Almond Butter with Banana and Apple Slices
Dinner: Sweet Honey Chicken, Honey Ginger Carrots
I am a firm believer that a person can never have too many chicken recipes. Chicken is great. It is a delicious, lean, and versatile, healthy protein. Here is one of my new favorite chicken recipes. It has a great balance of the sweet and savory that your family is sure to love.
Local Ingredient: Local Honey (purchased at a local farmer’s market)
2 ½ lbs. Assorted Bone-In, Skin-On Chicken Parts
2 clove garlic, minced
½ cup honey mustard
½ cup coconut aminos
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon ground ginger
Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Sea salt, to taste
- In a small bowl combine garlic, coconut aminos, honey mustard, balsamic vinegar, ground ginger, salt, and pepper. Stir to blend.
- Rinse chicken parts, pat dry with a towel and place in a baking dish.
- Pour marinade over the chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator for anywhere from 30 mins to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place entire baking dish with chicken pieces into preheated oven. Baste occasionally.
- Bake chicken for approximately 25 - 30 minutes (up to 40 minute for larger chicken breasts), or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees with a digital thermometer. Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving (this little step is very important for juicy moist chicken!).
2014 (c) My Clean Kitchen