This Tomato Basil Scramble is part of the My Clean Kitchen – 7 Day Eat Clean Challenge. Click here to learn more.
Breakfast: Tomato Basil Scramble
Lunch: Avocado Chicken Salad
Snack: Kale Chips
Dinner: Spaghetti Squash with Meat Marinara, Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette
This is a quick and easy breakfast for a busy morning. It’s absolutely scrumptious. The fresh basil is a tasty surprise paired with the tangy tomato. This could also be the perfect breakfast for Christmas morning. You can even make it quick before the kids start tearing into their presents.
We love this recipe and have made it so many times for a quick breakfast and even lunch. We love the hint of red the eggs got from the tomato. The fresh basil is absolutely necessary for this recipe. It really does make all the difference.
Local Ingredient: Fresh Tomatoes (purchased at the farmer’s market) and fresh pasture raised eggs (purchased from the local farm store).
6 free range organic eggs
2 medium tomatoes, diced
4 medium sized basil leaves, cut in a chiffanade
Fresh cracked black pepper
- Crack eggs into the a medium mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes and basil
- Whisk eggs and tomato mixture until well blended and eggs are fully incorporated.
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook egg mixture over medium to medium-high heat until desired doneness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Grace @ Earthy Feast says
This scramble looks so good! Tomato and basil are one of my favorite combos! Yum!
Thanks Grace!!! I love tomato and basil together too, you can never go wrong with those ingredients.